UPCATET 2022 Exam form Out: Eligibility, Exam dates, Syllabus, Exam Pattern
- 1 What is UPCATET?
- 2 What is the eligibility criteria?
- 3 What is the age limit?
- 4 The UPCATET Exam and the bodies that run it
- 5 UPCATET Application Process
- 6 Exam pattern
- 7 UPCATET Exam Centres
- 8 Exam Result
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
What is UPCATET?
Uttar Pradesh Combined Agriculture and Technology Entrance Test (UPCATET) is a state-level exam that is used to give admission to people from Uttar Pradesh who want to study agricultural and science programmes. The entrance exam is used to get into different programmes at the UG, PG, and Research levels. Based on how well the candidates do, admission is sought into the Uttar Pradesh State Agricultural Universities in the state.
It is possible to get into B.Sc (Hons.) Agriculture after passing the UPCATET. Other options include B.Tech Biotechnology, Biotechnology, and Dairy Technology, M.Sc in Agriculture, and PhD in Agriculture, as well as a lot of other programmes. People from Ayodhya’s Narendra Deva University of Agriculture and Technology are in charge of the event.
What is the eligibility criteria?
Candidates who want to study a BSc or BFSc in 2022 must meet the following requirements:
It’s a B.Sc (Honours) Agriculture or a BSc in that field (Honours) Horticulture and BSc (Honours) Candidates who want to work in forestry must have passed 12th grade and be able to meet the UPCATET eligibility requirements. They must also have passed Agricultural Science, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, or Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics.
In order to get a Bachelor of Fisheries Science (BFSc), you need to have finished high school with a major in Agricultural Science, or you need to have a major in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, or Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Biology.
It’s a B.Sc (Honours) It’s important for candidates to have passed 12th grade in the arts stream with at least one of these subjects: home science; pcb; pcm; pcm; or ag science. Only women can take this class, according to the official website.
What is the age limit?
It must be at least 17 years old to take BVS and C & A courses. The maximum age limit is 23 years old on December 31, 2022, with 5 years of extra time for candidates from the SC/ST and OBC groups.
Candidates for the other courses must be at least 16 years old and can be up to 22 years old. Candidates from the SC/ST and OBC groups get a five-year break.
The UPCATET Exam and the bodies that run it
Exams for the UPCATET are held by four major agricultural universities in Uttar Pradesh. All of these universities are part of Uttar Pradesh Krishi Avam Prodyogik Vishwavidyalaya, which is a group of universities in the state. Those are:
- University in Meerut called Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel University of Agriculture and Technology
- University of Agriculture and Technology in Banda.
- Narendra Deva University of Agriculture and Technology is in Kumarganj, near Faridabad in India.
- Chandrashekhar Azad University of Agriculture and Technology, Kanpur
UPCATET Exam details
- If you want to pass, you have to take UPCATET once a year. The exam is organised by one of the four universities that are taking part. If you want to go to school, you have to get an exam notification at the beginning of the year. In August or September, the results are made public.
- This test is done at the state level. This means that only people who live in Uttar Pradesh can take the entrance exam.
- The languages in which the exam is conducted are English and Hindi.
- This exam qualifies candidates for a variety of courses, including graduation, post-graduation, diploma, and Ph.D. There are 10 undergrad courses, 9 post-graduation courses, and many diploma courses. There are also many diploma courses.
- There are many different M.Sc programmes available to students after they finish college, such as horticulture and agriculture. In MBA courses, you can get an MBA in agricultural business.
- For people who want to get an MBA, there will be group discussions and personal interviews, too.
- Candidates for post-graduate programmes must have finished their high school education.
- There are many colleges at each of the universities that are taking part. Candidates can apply for admission there. A candidate’s score in the UPCATET is used to decide if he or she can qualifies for admission.
- Candidates who want to take the UPCATET can choose from eight different places to take the test.However, cancelling the exam centre is completely in the hands of the exam body.
- Since there is no upper age limit, there are as many chances as there are people.
UPCATET 2022 is to be conducted on June 16 and June 17, 2022.
What is ur category means, Read this article before filling the form.
UPCATET Application Process
Candidate must fill out an application form on the official website of the exam in order to register for UPCATET 2022, and they must do so online. Candidates need to fill in their basic information, like their name and contact information, before they can get their registration credentials. This is the next step. They then have to log in and fill out the UPCATET application form and pay the application fee. Candidates must pay the application fee online (with their bank account or debit card).
To register for the exam, go to the official website: online.upcatetexam.org to do so.
The application fee for candidates in the OBC and general categories is INR 1250, while the fee for candidates in the SC/ST category is INR 1050. The application fee should be paid in the form of a bank draught at any SBI branch.
Documents required while filling out the UPCATET application form in 2022.
- Valid email address and cell phone number
- Scanned image of the candidate’s picture
- Scanned picture of the candidate’s signature
- Scanned picture of the candidate’s right index finger.
- Caste Certificate or Certificate of Disability
Exam patterns for different undergraduate and postgraduate courses at UPCATET are different.
The paper has 200 multiple choice questions that must be answered in three hours.
This is a list of four types of paper: PCB, PCM, PAG and PHS. There are four types:
- Students who are in the PCB group can take classes in Agriculture, Fisheries, Horticulture, Home Science, Forestry, and Veterinary Science
- Candidates who apply to the PCM group can get into Agriculture, Horticulture, Home Science, and B.Tech programmes.
- There are a lot of different fields of study in the PAG Group, including Agriculture, Fisheries, Horticulture, Home Science, Forestry, and B.Tech in Agriculture Engineering and Biotechnology fields.
- The PHS group in UPCATET is only for people who want to study B.Sc. Home Science.
The pattern for postgraduate programmes is based on the syllabus for each of the fields of study.
The length of the exam for PG courses is 3 hours, except for MBA. This is because the MBA exam is 2 hours long.
It has 200 multiple-choice questions in it.
The time it takes to finish the PhD test is 2 hours.
The paper has 100 multiple choice questions with 300 marks each.
UPCATET Exam Centres
Candidates who want to take the UPCATET 2022 exam at one of the following places have to choose one that fits their needs.
Ayodhya, Agra, Bareilly, Banda, Kanpur, Meerut, Varanasi, and Lucknow are the cities where the exam is held.
UPCATET results will be available online in the month of June. There will be a link to the official website of the exam-takers on this page. Checking your exam results is easy for people who took the test. You can do this by entering your roll number and date of birth in the login window. The UPCATET result includes important information about the names of the candidates, their roll numbers, their ranks, their marks, and whether or not they passed. As soon as the admission process is over, candidates should download their results and keep them until then.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
1. What is UPCATET Exam for?
Ans: Uttar Pradesh Combined Agriculture and Technology Entrance Test (UPCATET) is a state-level exam that is used to give admission to people from Uttar Pradesh who want to study agricultural and science programmes. The entrance exam is used to get into different programmes at the UG, PG, and Research levels. Based on how well the candidates do, admission is sought into the Uttar Pradesh State Agricultural Universities in the state.
2. Is UPCATET Easy?
Ans: It can’t be say, as it totally depends on your preparation how you understand the exam.
3. UPCATET exam date 2022?
Ans: UPCATET 2022 is to be conducted on June 16 and June 17, 2022.
4. How Many Seats are there in UPCATET?
Ans: UG – 1734 PG – 583 PhD – 258 Diploma – 100.