- 1 What is PTET?
- 2 PTET Eligibility Criteria
- 3 PTET Category Reservation
- 4 PTET Exam Syllabus
- 5 PTET Exam Pattern
- 6 PTET Cut off for categories
- 7 PTET Admit card
- 8 PTET Admission Process
- 9 PTET Answer Key
- 10 PTET Result
- 11 PTET Selection Process
- 12 PTET Preparation Tips:
- 13 PTET Counselling Process
- 14 Documents required for Counselling process
- 15 Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs):
What is PTET?
PTET full form is Pre-Teacher Education Test. Every year, the PTET is held to provide admission to eligible applicants to B.Ed (Bachelor of Education) and BA/BSc (Bachelor of Science) B.Ed courses provided in universities in Rajasthan.
It is a test held in Rajasthan to determine the eligibility of applicants for B.ed exams. A candidate must be an Indian citizen in order to take the PTET. They must also have received at least 50% of their marks in their master’s or bachelor’s degree. The PTET exam is vital for people who aspire to be teachers.
|Exam Particulars||Exam Details|
|Exam Name||Rajasthan Pre-Teacher Education Test (PTET) 2022|
|Conducting Body||Jai Narain Vyas University, Jodhpur|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type (MCQ)|
|Total Questions||200 questions|
|Duration of Exam||180 minutes|
|Total Marks||600 marks|
|Exam Medium||English & Hindi|
|Exam Purpose||Admission to B.Ed courses|
The Government Dungar College, Bikaner, administers the PTET, a state-level entrance exam. The PTET is often administered offline. There are four components to the exam question paper (General Knowledge, Mental Ability, Teaching Aptitude Test, and Language Proficiency). There are 50 questions in each section, each worth three points. Candidates must achieve at least 40% in PTET 2022 to be considered for this test.
CUET Exam 2022 forms are out, click here to fill out now.
PTET Eligibility Criteria
The PTET 2022 eligibility conditions are specified by the conducting authorities. As a result, candidates should review the eligibility requirements before applying for PTET 2022. Candidates can check their eligibility for the course they are applying for using the Rajasthan PTET 2022 eligibility table below.
Candidates for the PTET 2022 exam must be older than 21 years of age in order to sit for the exam.
The educational requirements vary depending on the programme. The following are the course-by-course qualifying criteria depending on the educational qualification required:
Eligibility for B.Ed. PTET 2022
Candidates must have obtained a minimum of 45 percent in the Bachelor/Postgraduate Examination of any university recognised by law that is deemed comparable to the graduate/postgraduate examination of the State University of Rajasthan, regardless of caste or category.
A Complete detailed guide on CAT Exam read here.
Eligibility for B.A. B.Ed./B.SC B.Ed. in PTET 2022
Candidates in the general category must have obtained at least 50% in a Bachelors/Masters Degree level examination from Rajasthan or (10 + 2) or similar examination as defined by State Government norms.
Rajasthan SC/ST/OBC, special backward classes, physically challenged, widowed or divorced women applicants must obtain a minimum of 45 percent aggregate score to be qualified for the exam.
Please note the following points
- Candidates who have completed their graduation through a correspondence course from any university with only one university examination or who have not studied under the 10+2+3 plan or 10+1+3 (old scheme) are ineligible to take the PTET Rajasthan. Furthermore, the conducting authority will not accept any provisional candidate who fails to produce the appropriate documentation.
- Candidates from reserved categories, such as SC/ST/OBC/Differently Abled, would be permitted a 5% reduction in the qualifying marks in the minimum Educational Qualification for eligibility to apply.
- Only a diploma/degree course in teacher education accredited by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) will be accepted for the purposes of this Notification. Only a programme accredited by the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) would be considered for the Diploma in Education (Special Education) and B.ED. (Special Education).
- Training to be completed: After being appointed, a person with a D.Ed. (Special Education) or B.Ed. (Special Education) must complete an NCTE-approved 6-month Special Program in Elementary Education.
- Teachers of Languages, Social Studies/Social Science, Mathematics, Science, and other subjects must meet the minimal credentials listed above.
- The minimum qualification criteria for Physical Education instructors referred to the NCTE Regulation, dated 3rd November 2001 (as amended from time to time) must apply to Physical Education teachers.
- Existing eligibility requirements imposed by state governments and other school managements for instructors of Art Education, Craft Education, Home Science, Work Education, and other subjects will apply until the NCTE establishes minimum qualifications for such teachers.
- Candidates in their last year of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a Diploma in Elementary Education, for example, are temporarily admitted, and their PSTET Certificate will only be recognised if they pass the aforementioned Examinations.
GRE Exam complete details, and exam date here.
PTET Category Reservation
Candidates from other states who are not Rajasthan citizens will only be considered for the General Category. Candidates from other states will fill no more than 5% of the total number of seats available faculty-wise, based on overall merit, regardless of the state to which the candidate belongs, as long as the merit of a candidate from outside
Candidates who are genuinely residents of Rajasthan State will be considered for the remaining seats. According to state government laws, reservations for Rajasthan domicile would be made from the total number of seats available in each Faculty (Arts, Science, and Commerce).
|Scheduled Caste||16 percent|
|Scheduled Tribe||12 percent|
|Backward Classes||21 percent|
|Special Backward classes||1 percent|
|For women (out of which 2% seats are reserved for divorced women 8% seats for and widows)||20 percent|
|In-service or a discharged/retired defence personnel or his/her ward.||5 percent|
|Physically challenge (including blind, deal and or dumb and orthopaedic)||3 percent|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||10 percent|
PTET Exam Syllabus
Jai Narain Vyas University, Jodhpur will announce the PTET syllabus 2022 for 4-year BA BEd/BSc BEd and 2-year BEd programmes on the exam’s official website. Candidates seeking admission to 4-year BA BEd/BSc BEd and 2-year BEd programmes should take the PTET 2022 exam. The PTET test is a state-level exam that is administered once a year. Candidates who have applied for the PTET exam should familiarise themselves with the PTET syllabus in order to prepare for the exam. On July 3, the Rajasthan PTET exam for all BEd courses will be held.
What is GMAT Exam and how to prepare for it read here.
The PTET examination will be comprised of a single question paper, which will be broken up into the following four sections:
- Section A: Mental Ability
- Section B: Teaching Attitude and Aptitude Test
- Section C: General Knowledge
- Section D: Language Proficiency (Hindi and English)
|Section||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|A. Mental ability||50||150|
|B. Teaching Attitude and Aptitude test||50||150|
|C. General awareness||50||150|
|D. Language Proficiency (English or Hindi)||50||150|
Section A: Mental Ability
This area of the syllabus covers an individual’s reasoning, judgement, and decision-making abilities, as well as logical, imaginative, and creative thinking, inference drawing, and generalisation ability.
- Inferences from drawings
- Creative Thinking
- Judgement & Decision Making
- Drawing inferences
Section B: Teaching Attitude and Aptitude Test
This part basically evaluates a person’s social abilities like Social maturity, professionalism, efficient leadership, communication skills, interpersonal relationships, and awareness are all covered in this part.
- Social Maturity
- Effective Leadership
- Interpersonal Relations
- Communication skills
- Awareness etc.
BA full form and how BA Course can help y0u in PTET Exam read here.
Section C: General Knowledge
This component of the exam covers all themes such as current events, Indian history, Rajasthan knowledge, Indian assets and resources, renowned Indian people, and environmental awareness.
- Current Events (National & International)
- History and Culture of India
- The Natural Resources of India
- Great Indian Characters (Past and Present)
- Environmental Concerns
- Rajasthani knowledge
Section D: Language Proficiency (Hindi and English)
This section of the exam assesses an individual’s fluency, vocabulary, grammar, comprehension, and sentence construction in Hindi or English, depending on the candidate’s preference.
- Functional Grammar
- Vocabulary knowledge
- Structures of Sentences
PTET Exam Pattern
Mental Ability, Teaching Attitude and Aptitude Test, General Awareness, and Language Proficiency are the four sections of the PTET question paper (Hindi or English). Candidates must answer multiple-choice questions (MCQs). The following are the points to be considered of the PTET 2022 exam pattern:
|PTET 2022 Exam Pattern|
|Type of Question||MCQ (Multiple Choice Question)|
|Number of Question||200 Question|
|Total Number of Marks||600 marks|
|Marking Scheme||(+3) for every right answer
There will be no negative marking
In the table below, candidates can see how their scores for the PTET entrance exam 2022 were distributed. The marks allocated are distributed with respect to the number of questions in each section. Each subject has 50 questions each.
If you are a Computer expert then you should do BCA professional course, check here BCA full form and complete course guide.
|Section||Subject||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Part A||Mental Ability||50||150|
|Part B||Teaching attitude & Aptitude Test||50||150|
|Part C||General Awareness||50||150|
|Part D||Language Proficiency (Hindi or English)||50||150|
PTET Cut off for categories
Candidates from UR Category face high cut off marks in PTET Exam as compared to other categories students. For each category, the PTET anticipated cut off for 2022 is listed below:
PTET Admit card
The admit card for PTET 2022 will be available for download on the exam’s official website starting on the scheduled date. The PTET admission card is a vital document that must be brought to the exam centre. A colour printout of the PTET admit card 2022 is required for candidates. It is recommended that you download two copies, as one must be submitted at the exam centre. The PTET 2022 admission card will provide information such as the location of the test centre, exam slot, reporting time, and other relevant factors. Take a look at how to get your PTET 2022 admission card:
- Visit the exam’s official website at ptetraj2022.com.
- Select the ‘login’ tab.
- Fill in the application number and password for PTET 2022.
- Navigate to the ‘admit card’ area.
- Then, select the ‘download’ tab.
MBA full form and best colleges for MBA check out here.
PTET Admission Process
- Step 1: Fill out the PTET application form
Candidates must first fill out the PTET application form 2022 on the exam’s official website. In addition, candidates must pay a PTET application cost of Rs 500 online.
- Step 2: Download the PTET admission card
Next, applicants can get their PTET 2022 admit card from the exam’s official website according to the schedule provided. The admit card for the PTET exam contains vital facts such as exam date, time, test centre address, etc.
- Step 3: Administer the PTET
The PTET examination must be taken on the date and time specified on the admission card. The PTET test consists of 200 multiple-choice questions for 600 points. The length of the examination is three hours.
- Step 4: Examine the PTET test result
Candidates can view their PTET 2022 results on the exam’s official website. Candidates can get their results by providing their name, mother’s name, roll number, and birth date.
- Step 5: Participate in PTET counselling
Lastly, all qualified applicants must attend the PTET counselling round. In PTET counselling, candidates are assigned seats in their respective courses based on their attained ranks and the number of seats available.
PTET Answer Key
The PTET Answer Key 2022 will be made available following the Board’s successful administration of the examination. The answer key assists candidates in determining the correct responses to all questions on the PTET 2022 examination. Key candidates will be able to evaluate their performance and estimate their examination score with the aid of the answers. In the event of a mismatch or error in the question paper or answer key, candidates will be able to bring a representative to the board’s attention.
The 2022 PTET results will be released once the 2022 PTET exams have concluded. The Results will be published on the Jai Narain Vyas Vishwavidyalaya, Jodhpur, website. Candidates can easily access their results through the portal using their application number and password. Visit this page frequently to obtain the most recent information regarding the PTET 2022 examination.
PTET Selection Process
Candidates will be required to take the PTET Exam in 2022, followed by a round of counselling. The candidates will be assigned to their respective colleges or universities according to their exam scores and overall performance in the counselling round. The selection procedure for the PTET in 2022 is as follows:
- Online Registration for the Rajasthan PTET Exam 2022
- Admission Card Issue
- PTET Exam
- Statement of Results
- Counselling Round
- Allocation of Institutions/Universities
PTET Preparation Tips:
Choosing the right books for preparation is of great assistance; however, locating the books that will aid in attaining the highest exam score is quite difficult. There are books listed, from the thousands of books available on the market, the best books for studying for the Rajasthan PTET examination, which will increase your chances of passing. To pass the one-tier Rajasthan PTET examination, you must study each exam topic in depth and with great care. And thus, selecting the greatest books available can make preparations not only simpler but also more effective.
Other Important Sources Available for the Rajasthan PTET Examination are as follows:
- In order to improve their level of readiness for the examination, applicants may access online notes and preparation tips, as well as sample papers, previous year’s exams, and archived exams online.
- Every candidate must remain current on daily events. Online experts have compiled Daily Current Affairs to aid in your preparations.
- Observe and proper analysis of the previous year’s examinations, comprehend the weighting of points and exam format, and study accordingly.
PTET Counselling Process
Candidates who pass the Rajasthan PTET Exam 2022 will be invited to a Counseling Session. The session of Counseling will be conducted online. The dates for the Online Counselling session will be published in all of Rajasthan’s leading newspapers, and additional information will be available on the Rajasthan PTET’s official website. The primary purpose of the online counselling session is to assign candidates to colleges/institutes.
Candidates who do not attend the counselling session or who refuse to accept the college or institution that has been assigned to them will have their PTET merit position and the opportunity to enrol in the B.Ed programme removed from their records. The date and allocation of seats following the Rajasthan PTET Counseling 2022 will be announced at a later time.
The candidates will be assigned colleges/institutes based on their merit, faculty, teaching subjects, and the colleges/institutes they selected on their online counselling registration form. The candidates’ colleges/institutions will not be assigned based on their location, hometown, or any other factor not specified in the rules.
Steps to follow in the counseling process:
Participants must register for the online counselling process. The candidates will find detailed registration instructions for the online counselling session in the section that follows. A Rajasthan PTET counseling fee of Rs. 5,000/- must be paid by the candidates. This registration will be deducted from the total tuition if the candidate successfully completes the counselling session and enrols at the designated college/institute.
- Candidates must complete the Counselling registration form by accessing the official website and selecting the course for which they are applying.
- For the challan to be issued, the registration fee must be deposited in the bank.
- To complete the registration form, applicants must provide their name, mother’s name, roll number, date of birth, and counselling id.
- Applicants are required to indicate their preferences for the colleges to which they seek admission.
- The registration form can be submitted once they’ve entered all the necessary information.
Documents required for Counselling process
We have provided the few most essential PTET Counseling documents that are required for admission.
- Passport photograph
- Voter identification or residence proof
- PTET Scoring Sheet
- Certificate of Education
- Character document
- Domicile certificate
- Income certificate
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs):
1. Does the PTET include negative marking?
Ans: The PTET Exam will be worth a total of 600 marks. Examination will consist of 200 questions. All questions will be of the Multiple Choice (MCQ) variety. There is no negative marking for the examination.
2. How do I make payment for my PTET Exam?
Ans: The PTET form 2022 fee is Rs. 500/- and can be paid in one of the ways listed below. Online – PTET 2022 online application fees may be paid with Net banking, credit card, debit card, or e-Mitra. Offline – Candidates may also pay the application processing fee via Bank Challan, which is an alternative payment method.
3. Can students in their final year apply for PTET?
Ans: Candidates who are currently enrolled in the final year qualifying examinations of graduation such as the B.A, B.Com, B.Sc. Shastri or post-graduation such as the M.A, M.Sc.
4. How can I determine my PTET ranking?
Ans: At ptetraj2021.com, applicants can view their results online. However, the website is currently unavailable. In addition, the page contains a direct link for accessing the Rajasthan PTET result 2021. To access it, candidates must enter their roll number and date of birth when logging in.
5. How do I modify the PTET form?
Ans: The ability to edit a PTET application form is only available online. Candidates can make form corrections using their respective login credentials. The Form Number, Name of the candidate’s father, Name of the candidate’s mother, and Date of Birth are required for PTET application form correction.