- 1 What is JEE Advanced?
- 2 JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria
- 3 JEE Participating Institutes
- 4 JEE Advance Application form
- 5 JEE Advanced Registration fees
- 6 Documents required for Application form
- 7 JEE Exam Pattern
- 8 JEE Marking Scheme
- 9 JEE Advanced Syllabus
- 10 JEE Advanced results
- 11 JEE Advanced Counselling
- 12 Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
What is JEE Advanced?
The Joint Entrance Examination for Advanced Studies (JEE Advanced) is a national engineering entrance examination.
JEE Advanced (previously IIT JEE) is the second phase of the JEE test, which is normally held following the JEE Main exam. It is a crucial exam for engineering students (especially for those who are seeking admission in premier engineering institutes such as IITs). The JEE Advanced test is a computer-based exam that is rotated among seven Indian IITs (IIT Kharagpur, IIT Bombay, IIT Roorkee, IIT Madras, IIT Kanpur, IIT Delhi, and IIT Guwahati). engineering entrance examination.
JEE Advanced will be held by IIT Bombay in 2022. Only the top 2.5 lakh JEE Main applicants are qualified to participate in JEE Advanced. Admission to undergraduate courses leading to a bachelor’s, integrated master’s, or Bachelor-Master Dual Degree in Engineering, Sciences, or Architecture is granted to qualified students. The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) offers admissions to individuals who achieve high JEE Advanced rankings through a common mechanism.
The courses offered by the IITs through JEE Advanced 2022 are BTech, BS, BArch, BTech and MTech dual degree, BS and MS dual degree, Integrated MTech and Integrated MSc.
There are two parts to the entrance exam: Paper 1 and Paper 2. It is also carried out in two phases (or’shifts’) that are both held on the same day, which makes it more convenient. All students must take both papers in order to be considered for the merit list. Candidates are admitted to various undergraduate courses as well as master’s and dual degree programmes offered by IITs based on their JEE Advanced exam scores or rankings.
JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria
The JEE Advanced eligibility criteria are the requirements that all candidates must meet in order to be considered for the exam and admission procedure. There is no longer a requirement for students to get at least 75% in their class XII Board exams or be ranked in the top 20% in their class 12 exams in order to be considered for admission. Candidates who are found to be ineligible for admission shall be disqualified. The following are the eligibility requirements for JEE Advanced 2022:
Candidate must have been born on or after October 1, 1997 to be considered for the general category. Candidates from the SC/ST/PWD categories are given a five-year age relaxation.
A candidate must have taken the Class XII (or equivalent) examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics for the first time in either 2021 or 2022. Candidates who first took the Class XII (or equivalent) examination in 2020 or earlier are ineligible to take the JEE (Advanced) 2022 exam.
Applicants must have passed the JEE Main exam and be among the top 2,50,000 students in the order of merit. The aspirants must also meet the cutoff for admission to IITs. Overall, 10% of general EWS Category candidates will be shortlisted, 27% of OBC-NCL candidates, 15% of SC candidates, 7.5 percent of ST candidates, and the remaining 40.5 percent will be OPEN to all. The table below shows the category distribution of the top 250000 candidates.
If you belongs to UR category (Unreserved) then your cut off will be higher then the cut off for the reserved category Candidates.
JEE Participating Institutes
The Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) are thought to be India’s first engineering and technology institutes. Candidates who pass JEE Advanced will be admitted to the following institutions.
|North Zone||Indian Institute of technology Roorkee||Roorkee||IITR|
|Indian Institute of technology Mandi||Mandi||IIT Mandi|
|Indian Institute of technology Ropar||Ropar||IIT RPR|
|Central Zone||Indian Institute of technology, Kanpur||Kanpur||IITK|
|Indian Institute of technology (BHU), Varanasi||Varanasi||IIT (BHU)|
|Indian Institute of technology, Indore||Indore||IITI|
|North Central Zone||Indian Institute of technology, Delhi||Delhi||IITD|
|Indian Institute of technology, Jammu||Jammu||IITJMU|
|Indian Institute of technology, Jodhpur||Jodhpur||IITJ|
|North East Zone||Indian Institute of technology, Guwahati||Guwahati||IITG|
|Indian Institute of technology, Patna||Patna||IITP|
|East Zone||Indian Institute of technology, Bhubaneswar||Bhubaneswar||IITBBS|
|Indian Institute of technology, Kharagpur||Kharagpur||IITKGP|
|Indian Institute of technology (ISM), Dhanbad||Dhanbad||IIT (ISM)|
|Indian Institute of technology, Bhilai||Bhilai||IITBH|
|South Zone||Indian Institute of technology, Madras||Chennai||IITM|
|Indian Institute of technology, Hyderabad||Hyderabad||IITH|
|Indian Institute of technology, Palakkad||Palakkad||IITPKD|
|Indian Institute of technology, Tirupati||Tirupati||IITTP|
|West Zone||Indian Institute of technology Bombay||Mumbai||IITB*|
|Indian Institute of technology Dharwad||Dharwad||IITDh|
|Indian Institute of technology Gandhinagar||Gandhinagar||IITGN|
|Indian Institute of technology Goa||Goa||IITGOA|
JEE Advance Application form
The conducting authority for the JEE Advanced exam will issue the application form and other material shortly after the JEE Main results are announced. IIT Bombay will be in charge of publishing application forms in 2022, and they should be available after the JEE Main exams are completed.
Students must first create an account on the official website before filling out the application form. They must submit the application form, as well as the application payments, online. The IIT JEE Advanced exam will be open to the top 2.50 lakh applicants in the JEE Mains exam.
Candidates who want to apply for JEE advanced 2022 must do so before the last date. Candidates must register and complete an application form that includes personal, academic, parental, and communication facts.
The following are the processes to filling out the JEE Advanced 2022 application form:
Candidates must first log in using their JEE Main 2022 roll number and password. Candidates had to enter any further information that needed to be provided.
What is BCA Full form, read here a complete guide on BCA Course.
The next step is for applicants to scan and upload their application materials in accordance with the guidelines provided by recruitment authorities.
The required documents are as follows:
- 10th standard certificate/birth certificate,
- 12th standard examination mark sheet,
- Category certificate (if applicable).
Candidates must pay the registration cost either online (net banking/credit card/debit card) or offline (cash) (cash using SBI option). The cost varies depending on the candidate’s classification.
Submission and Confirmation:
Candidates must submit the application form and print the confirmation page for future reference.
JEE Advanced Registration fees
- General Category Candidates: INR 2800/-
- Female Candidates: INR 1400/-
- Reserved Category Candidates: INR 1400/-
- SAARC Country Candidates: 75 USD
- Non-SAARC Country Candidates: 150 USD
Documents required for Application form
The following documents must be scanned and uploaded (in JPG or JPEG format only) by the applicants:
- Mark sheet for 10th grade
- Class 12th mark sheets for students who have already appeared in prior years’ board exams
- Coloured photographs of the applicant
- A scanned copy of the candidate’s left-hand thumb impression as well as their entire signature is required
- Candidates who fall under the OBC-NCL, ST, or SC categories must provide a scanned copy of their caste certificates
- If the applicant’s name differs from that on his or her Class 10th mark sheets, a gazetted notification indicating the change in the applicant’s name is necessary.
- Foreign nationals may be required to provide their passport, citizenship certificate, and, if necessary, a testimony.
What is IELTS exam and how to prepare for it, Read a complete guide here which cover IELTS exam syllabus, exam criteria etc.
JEE Exam Pattern
The Computer-Based Test (CBT) format will be used for the IIT JEE Advanced 2022 exam. It will be divided into two parts: Paper I will be held from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., and Paper II will be held from 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Candidates must take both papers in order to be considered eligible for the examination.
- Mode of Examination: It is a computer based examination
- Question Type: Multiple choice questions are asked in the JEE advanced exam
- Total Number of Papers: JEE advanced is subdivided into two parts, each of which has three components: physics, chemistry, and mathematics.
- Exam duration: Both Paper-I and Paper-II are conducted for 3 hours each.
- Marking scheme: There will be negative marking for each incorrect answer.
- Medium of language: English and Hindi
JEE Marking Scheme
For questions with one or more correct answers, the marking structure is as follows:
- +4 if all highlighted responses are accurate
- +3, +2, +1 for partially correct answers as long as no incorrect choice is noted -2 for Incorrect Answer
- There will be no negative grading for questions that are not attempted.
For questions with Numerical Value type answers
- +3 for a correct response
- No negative marks for incorrect answers or questions that aren’t answered
Marking scheme for Matching list type and single correct option questions
- -3 for a correct answer
- -1 for a wrong answer
- There will be no negative grading for questions that are not attempted
JEE Advanced Syllabus
Candidates should practise mixed forms of problems from several reference books because the questions in JEE Advanced are more focused on measuring conceptual clarity and application-based knowledge. They should concentrate equally on all three courses in order to pass this exam. Because the exam is highly unpredictable and questions might come from anywhere, evaluate your strengths and create a study strategy based on the areas included in the syllabus.
The syllabus comprises topics from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Topics are as follows:
- Physics- Includes General Topics, Mechanics, Thermal Physics, Electricity and Magnetism, Optics and Modern Physics
- Mathematics- Includes topics under Algebra, Trigonometry, Analytical Geometry, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, and Vectors
- Chemistry- Includes topics under Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, and Organic Chemistry
JEE Advanced results
The examination authority in charge of the exam for that particular year announces the results. The results of the JEE Advanced exam will be announced by IIT Bombay in 2022. The results will be available on the official website and will include subject-wise and overall marks, as well as the All India Rank (AIR) and Category Ranks.
BA full form and how BA will be a good course for you, read here.
JEE Advanced Counselling
Candidates should be aware that the IIT that conducts the exam is not the authority that will conduct JEE Advanced counselling and seat allocation. The rest of the activities will be handled by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA). Candidates who pass the JEE Advanced must first register with the JoSAA. Only then would they be eligible to take part in the counselling process, which will require candidates to select their favourite IITs and courses. Seat assignments are made based on the candidates’ ranks and preferences, as well as the availability of seats. After the results are announced, the JoSAA 2022 application form should be made available.
MBA full form, and best colleges to do MBA, Read a complete Guide about MBA Course.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
1. Is it necessary to take both JEE Advanced papers?
Ans: All students are required to participate in both papers. JEE Advanced 2022 Paper 1 and Paper 2 will be divided into three divisions, with questions drawn from physics, chemistry, and mathematics.
2. Is it true that JEE Advanced has two attempts?
Ans: A candidate can take the JEE (Advanced) exam a maximum of two times in two consecutive years.
3. How many people are chosen for JEE Advanced?
Ans: Every year, thousands of candidates take the JEE Mains exam, but only around half of those who pass advance to the JEE Advanced exam. Around 20000 to 25000 people qualify, but only 10,000 individuals are selected to attend one of the 23 IITs.
4. What does a female-only quota at IIT involve?
Ans: This year, each IIT will determine the amount of seats to be designated for women on an individual basis. In contrast to last year, when the female quota was set at 20%. However, by 2021, the IITs must ensure that at least 20% of students enrolled at each IIT are female.